Asianoutlook Forum

Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Farah Khan's talk show Tere Mere Beech Mein

Farah to do an Oprah

If Hollywood has the much-celebrated Oprah Winfrey, can we be left behind? Choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan is slated to be our own, desi Oprah, from early next year onwards. Though Farah herself refuses to divulge any details of the talk show saying it’s too early to talk about it, our source brings you interesting tidbits about the show.

Reveals the source, “Unlike other talk shows, the guest-list for this show will not be restricted to celebs or socialites. It will involve people from various levels of society and will deal with achievers, commoners, addicts, and will cover taboo subjects like survivors, social causes, reformers and many subjects that aren’t discussed on Indian television freely.”

But why Farah, out of the numerous choices available? We’re sure all our celebs would jump at the opportunity to pull an Oprah, considering the kind of success she has garnered. Adds our source, “Farah will add her own flavour and style to the show with her unique personality. Add this to the fact that she herself is a great example of someone who has risen from nowhere to reach where she has and she is the perfect host.”

Source: mumbai mirror

Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 AM

Thanked 4,400 Times in 1,757 Posts
Post Farah Khan will host SRK's show

Farah Khan will host SRK's show
31 Dec, 2008 06:00 am ISTlMUMBAI MIRROR

Farah Khan has got her hands full. Not only is she busy taking care of her triplets but also swamped with work. Farah and her husband Shirish Kunder have started a production house called Three's Company and their first venture will be Farah's weekly chat show. Good friend Shah Rukh Khan's production house 'Red Chillies Entertainment' will be the show's line-producer.

An enthusiastic Farah said, "Shirish and I have three kids. So, we decided to name our production house Three's Company. It was very kind of SRK to be the show's line producer. Red Chillies Entertainment will look into the nitty-gritty of production. I can't wait for the show to begin. I am very excited."

In January, Farah will begin shooting for the yet untitled show. Commenting on the show's format, Farah said, "The show will be based on a specific topic every week. Two guestsa celebrity and a common man- will be interviewed in each episode. However, I am not inviting celebrities randomly.In fact, my regular guests Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan will not feature at least in the first three episodes."

The show will go on-air in March 2009.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM

The SRK produced chat show to feature Bolly stars every week

Farah Khan and Shirish Kunder's production 3's Company shot for the first episode of Tere Mere Beach Mein yesterday (to be aired weekly on Star Plus in March) with John Abraham and cricketer Yuvraj Singh at Film City.

Shah Rukh Khan's TV company Red Chillies Idiot Box is line producer for the talk show, loosely based on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

For the masses

Unlike Koffee With Karan, Farah's show isn't for a niche audience, but for the masses. The show is in Hindi and the sets have a very casual, bohemian look (much like the host's personality), a beach as the background.

The OSO director wants to invite women from all ages and classes to be part of the live audience. Market research will be done and feedback will be invited on what people want to see on the show.

Charity begins...

An insider reveals, "This show has an interesting deviation. In stead of gifting her star celebrity with presents, Farah will be gifting cheques worth Rs 1-2 lakh to needy people.

In the first episode, John and Yuvraj gave away a cheque to a poor woman from Thane who had given birth to quadruplets.

When Farah read about her plight in a newspaper, she sent money, her kids' toys and clothes by cab to them.

Like this, money will be given to one poor and deserving person every week. Farah also intends to set up a trust fund where people can donate in.

It will be transparent, as Farah intends calling the people whom the money will go to, to come on the show and take it."

Talkin' about the theme...

The topics of the show will be light-hearted, not preachy or boring. "The first episode starring John and Yuvraj has the 'male eye candy' theme.

The second episode will have Mama's Boys featuring Karan Johar with mom Hiroo and Ranbir Kapoor with mom Neetu.

Another episode will have small-town girls like Mallika Sherawat and Kangana Ranaut girls who come from small towns but are feisty, bold and aggressive.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 AM

Forewarned is foe-armed

Salman Khan backed out of Farah Khan’s talk show after he learnt that arch-enemy Shah Rukh Khan’s production house was the line producer

By Parag Maniar
Posted On Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 02:16:16 AM

Salman Khan
Reconciliations may be the order of the day in Bollywood, but Salman Khan is in no mood to toe the line. While Shah Rukh Khan apologised to Salman’s ex Aishwarya Rai at Karan Johar’s birthday party held earlier this week for speaking against her in the much-publicised brawl with Salman last year on Katrina Kaif’s birthday party, Salman is in no mood to extend the olive branch to his friend-turned-foe Shah Rukh Khan.

Salman had committed to appear as a guest in Farah Khan’s talk show Tere Mere Beech Mein. However, as soon as he learnt that Shah Rukh Khan’s production house, Red Chillies Entertainment, was the line producer of the show, he backed out.

A source said, “Salman had agreed to shoot for Farah Khan’s talk show and had even allotted dates for the shoot. Before this, Salman had never been keen to appear in any talk show but he made an exception for Farah. He was under the impression that her production house, Three’s Company, was the sole producer of the show. When Salman got to know that Shah Rukh was also associated with the show, he not only cancelled the shoot but also made his displeasure clear about not being informed beforehand about SRK’s involvement.”

Farah Khan
Farah Khan chose to brush aside the issue and said, “Don’t make a big issue out of it. Salman is going to shoot with me after 10 days. He is not supposed to shoot with me now because he is busy shooting for Dus Ka Dum.”

Elaborating on Shah Rukh’s involvement in the show, Farah said, “The show is primarily being produced by my production house but it is a joint venture. A few people from Red Chillies are also involved in the show along with the production team from the channel as well as freelancers.” Salman Khan was unavailable for comment.

-mumbaimirror
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:
Gita (06-02-2009), Tigerlilly (06-01-2009)
Old 06-15-2009, 04:51 AM

It seems Salman Khan doesn’t want to keep grudges against King Khan. That’s the reason he decided to appear on Shah Rukh’s best friend Farah Khan’s chat show which has been produced by SRK’s production house.

After Salman-SRK’s big fight it was even impossible to think that the duo will cross each other’s path. But we hear that Salman has shot for Farah’s chat show along with his mother. It seems Farah’s playing mediator in this. Interestingly, Farah who shares a good rapport with Salman has choreographed a song for Salman’s Main Aur Mrs Khanna .

Things had gone wrong between the two Khans during the filming of SRK’s Chalte Chalte when Aishwarya Rai was replaced as the lead actress by Rani Mukerji. Salman and SRK had hugged each and buried the hatchet at Farah Khan’s wedding. Hope Farah manages to solve the fight between these two Khans once again.

indiatimes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 AM

Mom knows best

Mom Salma Khan steals the show from Salman as she appears on a chat show for the first time. She even talks about his love life, making Salman squirm in his seat

By Indu Mirani
Posted On Monday, July 27, 2009 at 02:38:03 AM

Salman and Salma Khan
While reality shows are more about a controlled reality than about anything real, here’s a case of a chat show going into the reality zone and how. This happened when Salman Khan and his mother Salma (Salma Aunty to most of Bollywood) went on Farah Khan’s chat show Tere Mere Beech Mein to discuss the subject ‘Mama’s boys’, a subject remarkably fitting for the 40+ Salman who still lives next to her and swears by her cooking.

A member of the audience revealed, “Though it started off as a Salman Khan show, it was soon evident that the star was Salma Aunty. She was candid and natural and stole the show from her superstar son. In fact, halfway through the taping, it felt less like a show and more like we had been invited into their home. She broke so many of Salman’s bhandas that at one point an embarrassed Salman actually didn’t know where to look even as the audience was very amused.” This is the first time that Salma Khan has appeared on any TV show.

The source elaborated, “Salman’s father Salim Khan had taped his byte in which he said that Salman always falls in love with actresses but then wants them to give up everything and stay7 at home much like the most special woman in his life… his mother. He went on to say that Salman had been spoilt silly by his mother.”

Farah Khan
Salman’s mother, dressed as simply on the show as she does in real life and refusing to wear make-up, spoke about his girlfriends without naming anyone and confessed she very much wanted to see him married and have kids. “He will make a very good father,” she said as Salman squirmed. Later, Salman and his mother danced together.

Farah admitted that they had taped the show recently and also called it one of the sweetest and nicest episodes but wouldn’t say more till the show was nearer telecast date.

• Salman always falls in love with actresses but then wants them to give up everything and stay at home

mumbaimirror
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 AM

I agree with salman, once you are married it will be less stress if one person is bussy and other takes care of house and other things. 9 to 5 job is ok. once you come home you don't have to think about work. don't gang up on me this is my personal opionin.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:58 AM

Sonam, Karan gets chatty Farah Khan's upcoming show

By: Tushar Joshi Date: 2009-07-29 Place: Mumbai

There are a lot of firsts on Farah Khan's chat show Tere Mere Beech Mein. Each show revolves a round a subject and then celebrities are chosen to talk on the selected topic.

The hostess gets the guests on her show to open up and talk about their fears, insecurities, mistakes, and personal angst. In one such episode, she has Karan Johar and Sonam Kapoor talking about their battle of the bulge while growing up.

Weight winners
Farah confirms, "Karan and Sonam have shot for one episode for my show. The idea is to bring together celebrities and common people under the umbrella of a topic that binds them together. I have a pair of guests who have something in common. So when it came to Karan and Sonam, apart from the fact that the two are super talented, they also emerged as winners fighting off weight issues."

Karan had grilled Farah on his show, so she did the same to him on hers show, "I definitely grilled him into giving me some really interesting anecdotes. The episode has turned out really well and am sure lot of people who are battling with weight issues will get inspired by their stories. But in my case, it's the opposite! I was thin before and now have become fat, while Karan and Sonam have lost so much weight."

The show goes on air on August 22 on Star Plus and Farah is wrapping the shoot before leaving for London, where her brother Sajid is shooting his film Housefull.

midday
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:
srkaddict (07-29-2009), Tigerlilly (08-12-2009)
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
In fact, my regular guests Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan will not feature at least in the first three episodes."
My regular guests? Love it!
Excited to watch Shah Rukh's episode!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Family Head

Thanked 4,169 Times in 2,205 Posts