Asianoutlook Forum

Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Thanked 4,400 Times in 1,757 Posts
Arrow Fardeen - Kurbani

Feroz Khan to remake Qurbani
By: Vickey Lalwani
February 8, 2006

Saif Ali KhanFardeen KhanOne of the first Hindi films to explore urban life and change the outlook of Indian music directors is about to be remade.

Feroz Khan has jumped on to the remake bandwagon, and has decided to remake his 1980 hit, Qurbani (it starred Feroz, Vinod Khanna, Zeenat Aman and Amjad Khan).

Beta hai na!

Son Fardeen Khan will step into his father’s shoes, and Saif Ali Khan will essay Vinod Khanna’s character. While Saif was unavailable for comment, Fardeen confirmed to hitList, “I will be playing dad’s role, and we have signed Saif for the other lead.”

The million-dollar question is, who will play the sexy Zeenat Aman? And the gum-chewing inspector, Amjad Khan? “Well, we haven’t decided on the girl or the other cast yet. But yes, shortly, we’ll be making a formal announcement about all this in a big way.”

Written, produced and directed by Khan, Qurbani, whose violent climax, shot in England, was one of its highlights, was a story of two friends Rajesh (Feroz) and Amar (Vinod Khanna), both conmen, who love the same girl, Sheela (Zeenat Aman).

Did you know?

When Qurbani did well, Feroz bought a bike for Fardeen. He was a kid, then. The same bike was used in Janasheen.
2. The film was stuck with the censors for a some time, courtesy Zeenat’s daring, skimpy outfits - she even wore a bikini in the film. Feroz was told to slash the bikini sequence if he wanted a U certificate. He declined and went ahead with an A grading.
3. For one of the scenes in the movie, Feroz Khan smashed a brand new Mercedes Benz into smithereens.
4. When Nazia Hasan sang the Aap Jaisa Koi track, which became a craze, she was just 15. She died of cancer in 2000.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 AM

It’s ‘Kurbani’, not ‘Qurbani’

Thursday, June 15, 2006 21:35 IST

Day two at the IIFA event in Dubai saw director Feroz Khan formally announce his film ‘Kurbani’ — but there are no numerological reasons for changing it from the original ‘Qurbani’. “In case this one also becomes a huge hit, it will be simpler to differentiate,” says Feroz.
The flamboyant filmmaker had son Fardeen Khan, daughter-in-law Natassha, daughter Laila Khan Rajpal, music director Anand Raj Anand and actor Suneil Shetty to give him enthusiastic support. Fardeen, who plays the role essayed by his father in the original said, ‘My father was a great style icon. I don’t think I can match that, but I’m glad that he cast me in this film.”

Feroz with Fardeen
Old 06-16-2006, 08:01 AM

Ek aur Qurbani

12 pm: Feroz Khan, Fardeen Khan and Sunil Shetty strode in to address the press briefing for Kurbani — the remake of Feroz’s original Qurbani. The title track Kurbani composed by Anand Raj Anand had everybody swaying to it.

The change in the letter from Q to K is because “if Kurbani is a bigger hit than the original then we can say which Qurbani, the second or first,” smiled Feroz.

He called making Kurbani the biggest challenge of his career. “It took me six months to decide to make this film, as I wasn’t sure if I would be able to live up to the music and what I had achieved, when I made Qurbani 26 years ago.”

Fardeen said he is, “Excited and nervous about stepping into dad’s very big shoes, but this is one of dad’s roles that I have always wanted to do.” He added, “I am glad that papa is directing the film.”

The cast till now is Fardeen, who plays Feroz’s role, Feroz steps into Amjad Khan’s shoes as the gum-chewing cop, but an “ageing one” and there’s Jackie Shroff. “The female lead and Vinod Khanna’s role we will be finalised in a month,” said Feroz. “We have altered the characters slightly, keeping the spirit and essence the same and we will cast according to the characterisations and dates.”

Sunil, who was there to provide moral support, calls Feroz “a true style icon.”
Old 06-16-2006, 08:01 AM

In Papa's footsteps: Vekeana Dhillon, Puneet Sira, Suniel Shetty, Feroz Khan & Fardeen Khan at the media briefing of Kurbani, the remake of the hit film Qurbani. Fardeen will play dad Feroze's role
Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Srk'z Sadia

thx for the info hazel
Old 10-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Srk'z Sadia

I have no problems with Saif says Fardeen Khan

Hiren Kotwani/ HT Style

Mumbai, October 10, 2006

We haven’t heard much about Fardeen Khan since Pyaare Mohan released six months ago. Khan attributes this to “being busy working, listening to scripts” when one meets him at his Juhu residence.

Khan has almost finished shooting for Meghana Gulzar’s Baat Pakki for PNC, his first film with a woman director. “The experience has been wonderful,” he says, adding, “Not only is she focused about every aspect of the film, but also adept at multitasking. She has an amazing energy and is very skilful at handling a few things at a time. Men aren’t very good at multitasking, but women can handle things calmly.”

Considering the story deals with married couples, did his experience of being married for almost a year now find its way into his performance? “It’s a different story with different situations,” he replies.

No moment in the film resembled any incident in my life. Sometimes it also happens that though you are aware of certain aspects of life, some instances in a film’s screenplay help you see things in real life from a different perspective. It’s like learning something from another person’s experience.” Baat Pakki has him paired with Esha Deol, with whom he’s also doing Ram Gopal Varma’s Darling.

“Yeah, Esha is like a buddy. Having done two films together, we get along very well. And that rapport translates on screen,” he says. Darling is his fourth film with Varma (after Jungle, Bhoot, and Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya).

“Ramu is one director, besides my father, with whom I’ve always enjoyed working. His films give me a range to perform, to grow as an actor. That apart, he explains the character, the scene and allows you total freedom to explore the same as an actor.”

Apart from these, Khan also has his father’s contemporary take on Kurbani. “Kurbani will go on the floors next year. A lot of things are still being worked out,” he informs. Ask him if they decided to title it with a K for numerological reasons and he laughs.

“No, we’re not superstitious to name a film with a particular alphabet. Dad made the first film with Q, and thought of naming this one with a K.”

Reportedly, he is so upset with Saif Ali Khan for walking out of Kurbani that he retaliated by opting out of a TIPS’ production they were to do together.

“There’s no problem with Saif at all. He had committed the dates to other films. My opting out of TIPS’ film has nothing to do with Saif. The film got delayed and the new dates were already committed to Sajid Nadiadwala’s Hey Baby. It was all ami cably done.” Besides finalising other films, Khan is also working on the scripting of a film that will mark the launch of his own production company. “It’s too early to talk about it,” he says. With his first wedding anniversary coming up, is he planning to start a family? “There’s still time,” he smiles.

[HT]
The Following User Says Thank You to DevilEyez For This Useful Post:
Gita (06-25-2009)
Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 AM

I'll never sell Qurbani: Fardeen
25 Jun 2009, 0000 hrs IST, MEENA IYER , TNN

Poor Fardeen Khan, the world will just not let him mourn in peace; not even on Father’s Day — when he missed filmmaker dad Feroz Khan most.

Fardeen Khan

Still coming to terms with his loss, an emotional Fardeen has been forced to break his silence and set the record straight as far as Feroz’s 1980 hit film Qurbani goes. “I haven’t sold the rights to anyone and I never will,” said Fardeen. “The film is a cult classic and it was my father’s dying wish to make it under our home production.’’ It is too early to discuss details, but Fardeen is sure about one thing: “Qurbani will be made under our banner and, so far, only two actors have been cast, Sanjay Dutt and myself.’’

Media speculation recently also on his drug abuse case, has disturbed Fardeen. He is uncomfortable discussing the sensitive issue, but said, “My case is eight years old. Not a single charge has been framed. There are several people in custody under the NDPS (National Drugs & Pyschotropic Substances Act). Their cases have to still come up. I have to await my turn. But I have faith in the judicial system. Once the charges are framed, the trial will be held in an open court, the media can cover it then. Speculative reports are disturbing.’’

He spent Father’s Day missing his dad terribly. Though Feroz is on Fardeen’s mind 24/7, in keeping with the belief that the show must go on, Khan Jr. has been shooting non-stop right from the time he finished his father’s last rites. “I’m upset that some people think I’m unavailable for the promotion of my films because I’m in mourning. I’m not irresponsible. I have Life Partner, Dulha Mil Gaya and Acid Factory coming up this year and I’m in touch with my producers,” he revealed.

Last edited by Gita; 06-25-2009 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:
Gita (06-25-2009)