PDA

View Full Version : SRK's "MANNAT" - HOME SWEET HOME

Pages : [1] 2

Hazel
12-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Dream In White
Written by Deepali Nandwani

About a decade ago, on a late night-or an early morning (whichever way you choose to think of 3 am), Shah Rukh Khan was driving along Bandstand, Bandra with a few friends after finishing shooting for a film. Suddenly, he spotted a large house on the sea face, a heritage bungalow. On an impulse he pointed to the bungalow and said, "I will own this one day!"

While his friends admired his taste, very few thought he would turn the statement into reality. He did. He worked long hours, did advertisements, danced at shows and finally bought the bungalow. Despite the fact that it was a monumental structure and where several shootings take place, he was not permitted by Maharashtra's heritage laws to change its form from the outside, Shah Rukh did not leave any stone unturned to turn his dream into reality.

Maanat, Shah Rukh Khan's heritage house on the Bandra sea front is a juxtaposition of the archaic, the minimalistic and the modern. The entire house is painted in milk white, and colour is added to the house through the arrangement of curios and objects d'art.

The large glass French windows have geometrical coloured paper artistically stuck on it. The drawing room has vases picked from Italy, artificial flowers from Greece, the latest Sony music system from Japan and, of course, a huge painting of a horse sketched in charcoal by M. F. Hussain on the wall.

The funky dining table with twelve chairs is fashioned from metal and wood. The staircase leading to the bar is done in wood and glass and the wall near the staircase has several photographs of the couple's close friends on various trips. "I and Gauri have shopped personally for this home, each time we have gone abroad. The involvement of an interior designer has been kept to the minimum," says Shah Rukh. "We have only used a designer to help us plan the space."

The bar and the sports room upstairs are meant for Shah Rukh's relaxing moments, or when the couple entertains. The billiards table, the Pepsi slot machine and the huge home theatre with a slim screen on the wall, all form the star's entertainment paraphernalia. There's jukebox in the room, which owns a pride place because of Shah Rukh's passion for music. The room leads to a terrace with a sea view. Again, this area is mainly opened when the duo has several guests at a party.

Shah Rukh Khan feels that design and style are personal statements, and one has to be comfortable with them. "To me style - home style or personal style - is all about comfort. I wear the clothes I do off screen, because I am comfortable with them. Similarly, my home is the way it is because I am comfortable in it."

There are three levels to his house: the huge living room, with M F Husain paintings, other art and large windows. The second level is the private level, which has the bedrooms and the guest room. And on the top level is the study-cum-terrace, where he holds private parties for his friends. A huge home theatre, an entertainment centre and luxurious couches dominate the space, here!

Shah Rukh's home is largely white and has a huge, almost art deco staircase connecting the several levels. Furnishings picked up from across the world, antiques, art, porcelain statues, luxurious leather couches, are used as accent pieces across the home.

Right now, Khan's home is under renovation as he is adding on an apartment block right behind the main house, which is connected to the main bungalow. The block is expected to hold choreographer Farha Khan's office as well as the main kitchen, and a lounge that Shah Rukh plans to use for story sittings, besides an apartment that he is gifting to friend, director Karan Johar. "I plan to convert this entire place into a home, an office and a place where my friends can hang out and work, since I love to have my family and friends around me."

Hazel
12-02-2005, 07:25 AM
When Mannat was Villa Vienna
By: Shradha Sukumaran
October 16, 2005

Mannat , Shah Rukh Khan’s bungalow stands next to Gallery Chemould owner Kekoo Gandhy’s home. Mannat originally belonged to Gandhy’s grandfather

When Kekoo Gandhy first visited his new neighbour Shah Rukh Khan, he was glad to see the elaborate M still engraved on its terrace.

The letter is a reminder of the bungalow’s old owner and Gandhy’s maternal grandfather Maneckji Batliwala — of a time when the bungalow had no electricity, but there were sprawling tennis courts and servant’s quarters. It was called Villa Vienna then.

Today, as Shah Rukh’s Mannat, the bungalow retains its facade from years ago in Gandhy’s mind’s eye, despite the public interest litigation filed by conservationists recently.

Conservationists object to the actor constructing an adjoining building to the mansion on the grounds that it is a heritage structure. “To my mind, he has restored it quite well,” says the 85-year-old Gandhy, who recalls his grandfather modeling his dream structure to the style of villas on the Italian south coast.

The Batliwala family: Seen here are Maneckji and Dhunbai Batliwala (the previous owners of Mannat, then Villa Vienna ) with mother and three daughters — Roshan, Aloo and Perin

Maneckji Batliwala lived in Girgaum before he bought Villa Vienna (about 1915) and built the mansion in grandeur.

Even though Gandhy’s mother Roshan moved next door to the sprawling Kekee Manzil after marriage, the art gallery owner remembers days spent visiting his grandmother and presumes he may even have been born at Mannat.

“I was very fond of my mother’s sister Aloo and went over on Saturdays to visit her. After lunch, she would give me a cube of barley sugar and put me to sleep. When I got up at 4 pm, the pillow would be red,” he smiles.

Ironically, Batliwala died a pauper. “He used to loan money,” explains Gandhy. “Later he had to rent out the bungalow and live in one room upstairs. By the time he died, he had mortgaged most of his properties.”

While Gandhy’s maternal grandfather Maneckshaw got some properties, the house went to Batliwala’s sister Khurshedbai Sanjana and her husband, who were his business partners.

Having no heirs, she wrote it off to her sister Goolbanu and it went onto her son Naryman Dubash, known for promoting the cause of Parsi priests. Dubash owned the mansion, till he sold it to a builder, from whom Shah Rukh bought it.

Gandhy feels that he may have kicked off the current controversy years ago himself when he made a chance remark before Shah Rukh bought it that the grounds should be used for an art gallery.

Kekoo Gandhy

“I was insensitive to the fact that the building belonged to my cousin Naryman and Shah Rukh is paying for that now. I was lost in my vision. I suggested it inadvertently and I regret it now,” says the art patron.

While the actor and he may come from different worlds, Gandhy points out that his grandson Arish and Shah Rukh’s son Aryan are very close. “They play every evening. I remember when Arish was very young, his cricket bat and he were inseparable. When I took him there, Aryan tried to snatch it. I didn’t know, but Arish asked if he could come home and leave the bat back,” he laughs. Gandhy himself was unaware of Shah Rukh’s reigning status.

Shah Rukh Khan

“When he first moved in, I came back home and saw a trench dug up outside my house. I was sitting there furious when he knocked on my door and apologised so sweetly,” describes Gandhy. When Gandhy offered Shah Rukh art pieces to fill up his walls, the actor invited him over for his Holi party. “As people rolled in, I recognised lots of faces from my corner.

Then Shah Rukh affectionately put his arm around my shoulder and said that he had to return my favour. Before I knew it, he picked me up bodily and carried me to the terrace. I was worried about my slip disc when I saw the tank of Holi water. But he touched me very gently to the water,” recalls Gandhy, “We have a nice friendship, but his domain is different from mine.”

And while Kekoo Gandhy may not stop by at Mannat often, he knows that memories of his grandparents’ days are just a wall away.

Hazel
12-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Robbery at Shah Rukh's residence

Vijay Singh in Mumbai | November 17, 2004

Robbers struck at actor Shah Rukh Khan's bungalow 'Mannat' in Mumbai on Tuesday night.

They decamped with jewellery worth around Rs 4 lakh and Rs 60,000 in cash.

Apparently, the money didn't belong to the actor but to his relatives, who had come from out of town.

"They have filed a case at our police station this morning," Deputy Commissioner of Police, Amitabh Gupta, to rediff.com

The police are surprised as Shah Rukh's house is well guarded and they suspect that some insider could be involved.

Asked if there were suspecting any person in particular, Gupta said, "They have just launched the complaint this morning and the investigation is on."

jessibhatti
12-02-2005, 07:46 AM
wow thanks for the aticle i love his home

Jessi :)

Meike
12-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks a lot Hazel!!:p:p

Gita
12-02-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks a lot for the articles, Hazel!:)

purzel
12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
tfs these great articles :) thx dear

Hazel
12-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah.. btw if I remember, our Shahidji had written about HIS own visit to Mannat - hope he posts it here again ;)

Weda
12-02-2005, 11:40 AM
:) Thanks for sharing Hazel

Amtul
12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
oh we need to add in more pics too... although i got them all from this forum itself but now i guess time to repay :) though i can hardly do a percent of what i got from the forum all because of Shahid :) Thanks a lot!!!

srk_girl
12-02-2005, 03:08 PM
WOW! His home is so lovely!:) thanks Hazel for sharing.

dana.m
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah.. btw if I remember, our Shahidji had written about HIS own visit to Mannat - hope he posts it here again ;)Thanks Hazel.Shahid had written about his visit to his house and it did sound amazing

Anisa
12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks4Sharing Hazel...

Hazel
12-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Eating Food Is Like Making Love
Bollywood’s No. 1 star tells MARK MANUEL that he can go without food and drink because he is not a foodie, that he doesn’t understand wines, and because his parents were restaurateurs... he misses their khana!

EATING food is like making love, something very personal and meant just for you. I don't like being pictured eating, said Shah Rukh Khan, setting the tone for my interview on the eating and drinking habits of Bollywood's No. 1 star. We were sitting in his den on the first floor of Mannat, his heritage and palatial sea-facing bungalow at Land's End, Bandra. It was late Sunday afternoon and both, Shah Rukh and I were sippping Espresso coffee. I must clarify. This was home-made Espresso, done in Mannat's kitchen downstair's by the actor's cook Mohammed Shamim. It was like no Espresso I have ever had before.
http://www.uppercrustindia.com/10crust/ten/images/srk4.jpg Shah Rukh explained how they made the Espresso. We put Nescafe in a small coffee mug, pour little hot water in, then ghutao it with a chamcha. After that, we throw in more hot water. It is the closest you can get to Espresso with Nescafe. I put my cup down with a shudder and thought regretfully of Espressos I have had in the past at the Trattoria. I asked Shah Rukh, But don't you drink exotic coffees like the Jamaican Blue Mountain, which at 100 dollars for 500 gms is the world's most expensive coffee? He looked at me in amazement, then said, No, Starbucks' Capuccino is as far as I'll go.
By my side, wisely drinking tea and waiting with her four cameras to go into action, was my editor and photographer Farzana Contractor. I sensed her reluctance to begin shooting. And I wondered whether Shah Rukh would object to being photographed drinking coffee. He was quick to spot our hesitation and seized the opportunity. In Chicago, he told me, he once beat up a photographer who kept taking pictures of him and a bulimic child eating in a restaurant despite being told not to. I asked him, Was that one of your favourite restaurants? He scowled. Favourite restaurants? I have none! Favourite foods! None? Am I a foodie? No! I hate food!
http://www.uppercrustindia.com/10crust/ten/images/srk1.jpg I was astonished. Here was a man whose parents were restaurateurs, they ran De Ramble's above Balika Bazaar in New Delhi, and he'd probably grown up on some great Mughlai cuisine. Yet he claimed to hate food! Shah Rukh lit a cigarette, his third so far, and explained, My father was a Pathan, he looked like Gregory Peck, 6 feet 2 inches, grey eyes, and my Mum was Hyderabadi, a beautiful woman, like Waheeda Rehman. My upbringing was on the dry Pathani foods of Peshawar, raan and chaap; and the aromatic masala khana of Hyderabad, biryanis and khatti dals. My parents used to mix these and feed me. And to these, they would add the restaurant food, butter chicken and mutton korma. But they're gone, and the food after them's not been good enough. You understand?
I did. But why did he dislike food? Shah Rukh struggled for words. I truly believe food is only a stomach filler. It is as basic as the air we breathe. A necessity that should always remain a necessity. Excessive taste of anything takes you away from the core of life. I am always looking down on people who like to eat. For me, from simple to best, food is all the same. I would say the dining at Zodiac Grill's equal to the food I could get at Haji Ali, no question about it. When I got married, my mother-in-law was worried because Gauri could not cook. But I told her, ‘Don't worry, to me it makes no difference.’ And it's true, I can eat anything. Even dry bread and water.
http://www.uppercrustindia.com/10crust/ten/images/srk3.jpg I found it hard to believe him. But Shah Rukh continued, I am a boring person to be around if you like food and eating out. I can pass the whole day without realising that I have not eaten. I don't like going to restaurants. I hate having meetings in coffee shops. What a waste of time! I can call you home and talk over lunch. And if I have to take somebody out to dinner, I suggest McDonald's. Or Pizzeria. No wonder my friends don't like eating out with me! I've travelled all over the world and tried out all the local food wherever I've been. But in the end, I've come home knocking for dal-chawal! My mother used to say, ‘You should eat the food you like and wear clothes that people like’. So what kind of food do you like, I persisted. I like the caviar they serve on Air-India, Shah Rukh replied smugly. Really, it goes well with Pepsi. Do you bring home tins of caviar when you travel abroad, I asked. And wines, I added, because near his bar, I noticed a giant-size Eurocave meant for chilling wines in which were some botles of burgundy and champagne. No, Shah Rukh said. The winecooler is for my friend Parmeshwar Godrej. She's the only one I know who likes wine. I used to buy the most expensive bottles because I thought they were the best. But Parmeshwar once told me I was serving rubbish! Now I ask Juhi's husband Jai to select wines for me. He knows. He even got me to read two books on wine. I gave up. What's the use of trying to know right from wrong? All wines taste the same to me!
The rare occasion Shah Rukh has a drink, it will be Bacardi. He admitted to being put off by alcohol. And by fine wining and dining restaurants as well. He told me the story of the time he went to a fancy French restaurant in HongKong and could not figure out what the three glasses on his cover were meant for. One was water, the second wine, but what was the third for, he asked me now. And so many kantes and churis! I didn't know which was meant for what! I don't like going to such restaurants where I don't know what to do. And where the chef's sentiments might be hurt if I ask for Pepsi instead of wine!
He talked about the chefs he had met on his travels. I cannot remember their names but most of them come up to my table in restaurants to ask if the food was good. Or they come up to my hotel room to ask if there's anything special I want to eat. I tell them, ‘No, but you make what you want.’ And then I don't like what they cook! They make love to their food! But from these chaps, I picked up several tips for a chef's role I played in my movie Duplicate. I had to give the heroine a peck on her cheek, instead, I licked her and then smelt her! You know how chefs are all the time smelling food!
He himself can just about find his way in Mohammed Shamim's kitchen at Mannat. I can serve myself and have dinner there, he said, but cooking... well, yes, I have cooked Batman cookies with my son Aryan. And I can make tea, boil eggs, make real good phulkas. Four-year-old Aryan burst in on us then, a small bundle of hyperactive energy, and charged for Shah Rukh. Seeing the coffee mug in his father's hand, he asked, Can I have a Pepsi? In the den was the biggest Pepsi vending machine I had ever seen. Shah Rukh told him, You have another Pepsi, mummy will beat you! Aryan replied, I'm not scared of mummy! Go and tell her that! Shah Rukh mischievously suggested to the kid. To me he said, I have a deal with him. If he stops drinking Pepsi, I'll stop smoking. Aryan told him cunningly, I'll have Limca instead!
http://www.uppercrustindia.com/10crust/ten/images/srk2.jpg “Are you drinking Pepsi because you endorse it or because you really like it,” I asked Shah Rukh. “For as long as I can remember, I have been drinking Pepsi,” he admitted. “I don't drink water, though I have been advised by doctors to have six litres a day. I smoke about 20 cigarettes every day and Pepsi hits the throat... maaza aata hai!” Unhesitatingly he said he would be able to identify Pepsi from Coke and Thums Up if put to a blind-tasting test. “I can tell Pepsi by the smell itself,” he boasted, then added disparagingly for my benefit, “but I cannot tell the difference between lasagne and pasta, or muligatawny from lentil soup.”
The Khans keep an open house, I discovered. Friends are forever dropping in at Mannat to be with Shah Rukh, Gauri, Aryan and daughter Suhana, who will be two this May. He called this practise “mehman nawazi”. “People should be happy to be with you. And you should make sure they are fed. The food should be made available to them because a lot of people are shy, you ask them if they'll eat something, they'll say no. I'm like that. This is not about food or how you serve it. It is about how you make people feel in your home. When friends come to Mannat, there's always food for them. If not, the cook can make anda-doubleroti,” Shah Rukh explained. “And Espresso,” I reminded him.

purzel
12-04-2005, 10:57 AM
very nice interview :) thx alot Hazel :)

Nasifji
12-04-2005, 11:26 AM
thx alot Hazel

Dir*Dil
12-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Thank you very much for this great topic .. actually becuase shahrukh khan is a good person he loves the white color so much

Zohra Ahmadi
12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks for sharing

susmita4srk
12-05-2005, 04:39 AM
thanks for shairng...

NainaSha
12-05-2005, 06:17 AM
thans for sharing

Hazel
12-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Shah Rukh gifts flats to buddies

Shah Rukh Khan is busy preparing a list of his closest friends, whom he will invite to be his new neighbours. The actor is having a six-floor building constructed behind his Mannat bungalow at Bandra bandstand. The building will be connected to Mannat and is expected to be ready in six months. Khan has already sent an invite to best bud Karan Johar.

The director told Mid Day, “My mother and I were immensely touched when Shah Rukh and Gauri made the offer. It would be wonderful to live there.”

.....continued below....

NainaSha
12-05-2005, 07:50 AM
thans for sharing

KalHoNaaHo31
12-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks very much.I´m looking forward to know, which these persons will be....Karan has already an invitement....so it could be Farah...

Hazel
12-06-2005, 04:10 AM
continued from above...

Farah Khan, another close friend, has been offered work space in the building.
“Shah Rukh told me that we could do our rehearsals and production work there,” she said. The building will also house the actor’s living room, a formal guest room, a gym and an office.

The reason? Mannat, at 26,400 sq ft, is proving a trifle small for the king of Bollywood.

Other members of Khan’s inner circle are yet to receive invites. Director Aziz Mirza said, “I have not yet been informed about it.” Kajol and Juhi Chawla too are still awaiting invites.

Another good friend, Manish Malhotra, however, is less than optimistic about his chances: “I don’t think he will offer me any rooms there.”
Khan himself was not willing to comment. A source told Mid Day, “Shah Rukh doesn’t want to speak about it as he is very superstitious.”

Hazel
12-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Rumors are running ripe about him buying property around Mannat. “Is it true?” SRK waves it off, “Not at all. We wanted to extend the kitchen, so there is some minor repair work. That's it. For the last couple of years, it's been my bungalow that has been in the news and not my work. That is kind of upsetting. The day the importance of my work overtakes the repair work of my bungalow, I will consider myself a star!”

gurmeet
12-08-2005, 04:05 AM
thanks hazel

popo
12-08-2005, 06:08 AM
love shahrukh forever

ASHEQ
12-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Thanks Hazel for the great articles. SRK deserves a sweet home!

srk_mai
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the news....

pattyvaly
12-08-2005, 10:15 PM
WOW, what nice interviews loved to read it all!
Hey the espresso i will try to make this way.
Thanks @all for posting.:)

Hazel
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
http://web.mid-day.com/ArticleImages/images31/building4.jpgSRK’s Mannat was
used in many filmsIncidentally, Shah Rukh Khan’s house Mannat was also used in many films before the actor actually moved in.

“Before Shah Rukh moved in, the house was called Villa Vienna and used for many shootings. In fact, my father’s guru Nitin Bose was a tenant in that house and I remember going there for shoots,” recalls Bhattacharya.

Other houses like those of the Patkars on Turner Road was allegedly used for scenes in Sarfarosh but is no longer given out on rent. “They would charge a bomb but it is a beautiful house,” says a neighbour requesting anonymity.

srk_girl
12-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks Hazel for sharing:)

seema shrief
12-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanx for sharing Hazel :)

karladil67
12-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks for sharing...

jlekhi
12-10-2005, 11:22 PM
his house is over 26,000 square feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!! thats huge!!!!! i thought my house was big and its only like 5,000!!!!! wow........... his house shud definetly be on cribs..... itd be awesome..........

carina
12-11-2005, 08:22 AM
This nice, amazing and funny interviews!!! May HE get all thefame, hpnor n weath HE dreams about n need I wish that to HIM with all my heart n soul. Oh yes HE really deserves this.

And about the food...: Thaaaaat is really my Shah!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!! Oh yesssssssssssss! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mehreen
12-11-2005, 09:06 AM
wow his house is so huge, approx, how much is over 26,000 square feet?

Hazel
12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Shahrukh house in heritage storm
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENThttp://www.telegraphindia.com/1050924/images/24khan.jpg http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050924/images/24house.jpgShahrukh Khan (top) and the actor’s houseMumbai, Sept. 23: Actor Shahrukh Khan’s bungalow, Mannat, is back in the eye of a storm with a Bandra resident filing a public interest litigation to stop him from developing a plot behind the heritage property.
The PIL filed by Cyril Mecwan in Bombay High Court last week says Khan’s bungalow in Bandra is a heritage building and construction in its vicinity is barred.
A heritage property cannot be renamed, the petition adds, pointing out that Khan had bought the bungalow Land’s Endin 2000 and changed the name to Mannat.
The petition says the actor is constructing a building on a plot exactly behind Mannat and adds that this area was earlier reserved for an art gallery.
The plot was de-reserved in 2003 by the Vilasrao Deshmukh government.
According to Bollywood sources, Khan was planning to move his office into the new building and had offered flats and production offices to close friends, including Karan Johar and Farah Khan.
The PIL hearing is scheduled for October 5.
This is not the first time the bungalow is in the eye of a controversy. When he moved into Mannat, the actor had run into trouble with the heritage authorities for making modifications to the property.
BJP leader Gopinath Munde said: “The government has been selling off plots reserved for public amenities…. It is a serious issue, especially after the July 26 deluge. The government has since stayed de-reservation of 27 of 67 plots meant for public purposes, but Shahrukh’s plot does not figure in them.”
The actor could not be reached as he has left for California to attend an awards ceremony. “He is not in town. We cannot offer a comment on this,” his secretary said.

Hazel
12-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Shahrukh Khan's house in Bandra.......aptly named, considering he's typical of a rags-to-riches story....................

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/dravikumar_123/shah_rukh.jpg

Hazel
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM
wow his house is so huge, approx, how much is over 26,000 square feet?

Yeah :) it is - fit for the badshaah !!

Hazel
12-20-2005, 04:01 AM
One of the bathrooms at Mannat ;)

srk_girl
12-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the info Hazel!;)

NainaSha
12-21-2005, 08:45 AM
thans for sharing

Hazel
12-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Latest to add stardust to Home Theatre is apna King Khan Shahrukh. To add more luster and originality in the show, Home Theatre went to Shahrukh’s house Mannat to shoot for this show. This also gives a glimpse of his life style.

In this benchmark Show, which talks about information, gossips, previews and reviews of latest Hindi films in filmy style, Shahrukh Khan discusses about himself, his films and his routines with the Veejay of Home Theatre Amit Khanna while Veejay Pracchi is left in suspense as to the identity of the guest.
http://www.entertainmenttv.com/ht_shahrukh1.jpg
Shah Rukh Khan with Home Theatre VJ Amit at MANNAT

So catch Shahrukh Khan talking about his life and career philosophically. “I never carry any money or credit card in my pocket because you need to change into costume all the time. So you tend to leave them and loose them. Only accessory I carry is my cell-phone and this remain in my hand,” he tells.

Pakhtaana
12-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Thank you Hazel for this amazing interview. I never get bored reading shahrukhji interviews, I always learn something new about him and continue to love him even more.... What a amazing person!!!

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:03 PM
The House of Shahru

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8020/16sb.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:05 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/563/28dg.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:06 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6420/37rp.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1976/45ca.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:08 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1347/55ib1.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:10 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4075/66mw.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9035/77io.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2076/83tp.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:13 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7469/110ko.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:15 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3025/152st.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/382/165tw.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:17 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6099/171ln.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:18 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6707/182tw.jpg

Princesita
01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2077/197dl.jpg

srk_stud
01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
thankx for it

love-srk
01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks 4 sharing dear!

Princesita
01-18-2006, 02:31 PM
You are wellcome sweety

Hazel
02-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Yeah Princesita good work ! :) thankx

mentos
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
thank's for sharing that was verry nice pic's . Thanks a lott.:D

All the best, Mandy

Mehreen
02-03-2006, 05:46 PM
yes, thanks for sharing

purzel
02-07-2006, 07:16 AM
SRK gets to modify Mannat

Gigil Varghese
Mumbai, February 7, 2006

The Mumbai Heritage Conservation Committee (MHCC) has given actor Shah Rukh Khan a ‘no-objection’ certificate for changes being made in his bungalow, Mannat in Bandra, and the six-storey building adjoining it.

“We have awarded a completion certificate to the structure. On inspection, we found that the changes have been done as per the approved plans. It does not harm the original heritage structure and does not violate regulations,” said MHCC chairman Dr Sharad Upasni.

Mannat is a designated ‘Grade III’ structure. Buildings in this grade are considered to be of importance to the townscape.

The clearance paves the way for Khan to pull down the rear wall of the bungalow’s ground floor, connecting the two buildings. This will increase the size of the hall.

source: hindustantimes.com

Hazel
02-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Thankz Angie ;) :)

Meike
02-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks a lot Angie!!:p

Chicken
02-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks so much for the information, Didi. :)
I'm very happy that Shah Rukhji finally has the official permission for his (long) planned changes of Mannat.
It made me really angry :mad: and sad :( when I heard that some envious folks kept bothering and even suing our poor Babe because he wanted to make changes to his own home.
Well, thankfully, now everything seems to work out fine, hopefully they will stay off our Sweetoo's back and leave him alone in the future.

love-srk
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks so much for the information, Didi. :)
I'm very happy that Shah Rukhji finally has the official permission for his (long) planned changes of Mannat.
It made me really angry :mad: and sad :( when I heard that some envious folks kept bothering and even suing our poor Babe because he wanted to make changes to his own home.
Well, thankfully, now everything seems to work out fine, hopefully they will stay off our Sweetoo's back and leave him alone in the future.
That is exactly my thaught purzel. I feel when u r too famous people intentionally try to bring u down as they get fed up or jelous of ur success. :mad:

srk_girl
02-07-2006, 03:43 PM
thanks Angie for sharing:)

purzel
02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
‘Nothing is wrong with SRK’s Mannat’

Presley Thomas
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 23:46 IST

The Mumbai Heritage Conservation Committee (MHCC), after taking stock of the construction work undertaken by Shah Rukh Khan at his bungalow Mannat, has concluded that the original structure of the heritage building has not been altered.

Controversy had dogged the superstar’s bungalow after conservationists raised a hue and cry about Khan constructing a six-floor apartment adjacent to the heritage structure.

MHCC Chairman Sharad Upasani said, “Shah Rukh’s proposal to construct a building had been cleared. However, it is mandatory to inspect the heritage building to ensure that no alteration is made during the process of construction. We inspected the structure and have concluded that the building is being constructed as per the original proposal.”

Designated by MHCC in the grade three category of heritage buildings, Mannat is considered to be of importance to the city’s landscape. “We have allowed some minor changes that will not affect the structure,” added Upasani.

Interestingly, this is not the only controversy that Mannat has faced. A resident from Bandra, Cyril Mecwan in a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) had opposed Khan’s decision to rename his bungalow as Mannat. The bungalow, which was earlier owned by a Parsi family, was known as Villa Vienna.

[DNA India]

Hazel
02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Angie ! thanx for the updates :)

cute_srk
02-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I wish that Shahrukh didn't have problems with his house, i mean i'm sure he has other pressures as well, and he really wanted a house for himself and his family, he mentions it in the Inner world.

srkrulz
02-23-2006, 05:59 AM
PIL against bungalow of SRK disposed off http://www.zeenews.com/images/srk70.jpg Mumbai, Feb 22: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday disposed off a PIL challenging construction by Shahrukh Khan on plot adjacent to his bungalow 'Mannat' as well as certain add-on construction at the bungalow itself.

The court passed the order after being satisfied that no heritage laws and other municipal regulations were being violated.

Khan's bungalow at suburban Bandra, close to sea-shore, is an old building declared as heritage building.

The actor bought the bungalow and vacant plot adjacent to it some years back.

A PIL filed in the Bombay High Court had challenged the construction on this plot on the ground that the plot was reserved for an art gallery.

Also, some structural changes at Mannat itself too were challenged, on the ground that it was a heritage.

Shahrukh's lawyers also submitted that some additions to the bungalow which were violating heritage laws were removed.

As regards reservation of adjacent plot, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) lawyers stated that reservation on plot for art gallery was lifted later.

ASHEQ
02-23-2006, 06:13 AM
GREAT NEWS! I can't wait till I can visit Mannat! (in my dreams;) )
TFS SRKrulz

Hazel
02-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Shah Rukh's Bandra bungalow ......!
by Debasis Jana

http://www.indiatarget.com/thumbnails/hua30.jpg
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan's Bandra bungalow to be demolished in certain portion, Bombay Municipal Corporation and the heritage committee jointly had asked the actor to demolish the balconies on the first floor and painting it in same colours as the heritage structures coming up on the same plot.

Apart from this both the BMC and the heritage committee has given SRK's Bandra bungalow a clean chit on the contrary of the PIL, which was filed by Bandra resident Cyril Mecwan, who alleged irregularities with regard to the bungalow challenging the permissions given to it.

The petitioner claimed that the land was located within the CRZ area. Secondly, the petitioner said 450 sq ft of the plot was reserved for an art gallery. His third contention was that heritage rules had been violated.

Shah Rukh's counsel Darius Khambhata clarified that the bungalow plot did not fall in a CRZ area since it was on the landward side of a DP plan road.

Hazel
02-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Shah Rukh's house gets a clean chit
Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:22:33 amhttp://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/images/spacer.gifTIMES NEWS NETWORK

MUMBAI: There was good news in store for actor Shah Rukh Khan on Wednesday. Both the BMC and the heritage committee gave his bungalow at Bandra a clean chit and the Bombay high court disposed of a public interest litigation challenging the permissions given to the heritage building and a six-storey building coming up on the plot.

The PIL was filed by Bandra resident Cyril Mecwan, who alleged irregularities with regard to the bungalow and the multi-storey building.

The petitioner claimed that the land was located within the CRZ area. Secondly, the petitioner said 450 sq ft of the plot was reserved for an art gallery. His third contention was that heritage rules had been violated.

Khan's counsel Darius Khambhata clarified that the bungalow plot did not fall in a CRZ area since it was on the landward side of a DP plan road.

Khambata also pointed out that the state government in 2004 had deleted the reservation for an art gallery and made it a purely residential plot.

BMC counsel K K Singhvi informed the court that the heritage committee had asked the actor to effect some changes in the building including demolishing the balconies on the first floor and painting it in same colours as the heritage structures.

"Both the conditions were complied with and the heritage committee cleared the structures," said Singhvi.

love-srk
02-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Shahrukh Khan's Modern House

Shahrukh Khan bought a mansion that became the toast of the town: and
the subject of envy for many who could not afford to touch the place
becuse of its awesome price tag. He gifted it to wife Gauri on her
birthday after guaranteeing the heritage officials that he would do
his best to preserve the look of the mansion. It was Gauri who took
charge to get things done in the Khan mansion.
The house look absolutely modern once you step inside, beguiling
those who might believe that the interiors would be an extension of
the classically old fashioned exteriors. Gauri supervised the doing up
of the insides, and today, now that everything has fallen into place,
the Khan household is that one place everyone wants to go ...provided
you can!
The look of the place within manifests the thinking of mind with a
fine taste ( and lots of money too!). The place has elegant curios,
superb paintings, elegant flooring, huge sliding windows, soft drink
dispensing machine, jukebox and he even has a plasma television which
is where he and all his buddies aome together to watch those films
they really love.

Hazel
03-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Shahrukh’s Mannat is granted by court
BY A STAFF REPORTER | Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:13:46 IST

No objections on residential premises forming backdrop of heritage structure

http://www.cybernoon.com/images/February2006/shah%20rukh.jpg

Bombay High Court yesterday disposed of the Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed against the construction of a residential building at a heritage site by actor Shahrukh Khan. The court observed that reservation over the plot had been removed well before the development started for residential premises. Also, whatever were the objections raised by the Heritage committee, have been taken care of. And hence there are no irregularities observed.
In the PIL filed by one Cyril T Macwan, it was pleaded that the construction carried out by actor Shahrukh Khan after purchasing the property known as ‘Landend’ situated at West ward, Bandra, a few years ago and renaming it as ‘Mannat’ should be stalled as there could not be any construction at a heritage site. Even the name of the property could not be altered.

The actor purchased the property admeasuring 2060 sq mt in 2004, renamed it and started construction of the building. The petitioner claimed that the Urban Development Department (UDD) of the state had reserved the property for Secondary School. However, a trust which originally owned the property and had sold it to Shahrukh Khan in 2004 objected to the reservation vide their letters to the UDD dated June 2,1993.

In November 1994, the state issued a notification to the effect that a space of 450 sq ft to 2,500 sq ft should be reserved for an art gallery. According to the petitioner, the construction carried out by the actor is against the norms and in violation of the Development Control rules.

The objection was on two grounds: firstly, heritage cannot be sold, and its name changed. Secondly, there cannot be development and nothing could be annexed to the heritage building. Also, it was argued that despite the state government’s notification dated November 1994, the actor had not provided for an art gallery at the premises.

The petitioner demanded that the construction already done at the site be demolished and the Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation be restrained from issuing any occupation compliance certificate in respect of the property.

Yesterday the Municipal Corporation averred in court that as the heritage committee wanted balconies etc. to be removed as being detrimental to the preservation of heritage charm of the construction, the same had been removed. The metal sheet that the petitioner had mentioned as causing disgrace to the heritage structure is not on the heritage structure but are part of the new construction, which is a separate entity. Also, the plot was which was once reserved for a school and then for an art gallery
was dereserved before it was sold to Shahrukh Khan.

shahrukh-nihal
03-02-2006, 01:05 PM
WOW Thank U all really enjoyable to read about Mannat
THANKS for sharing

sharu
03-02-2006, 07:45 PM
who ever is objecting on the construction should have brought the property and kept it as is. when that was sold to a private person(SRK) he has the right to do whatt ever he choose.

IRI
03-04-2006, 09:56 AM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3407/cap8919mq.jpg

IRI
03-04-2006, 09:58 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9498/cap8930wb.jpg

Mehreen
03-04-2006, 10:14 AM
thanks for sharing the information, srk towers is going to be huge!

SRK-king
03-04-2006, 03:56 PM
wow looks like that is going to become big
thanx for sharing

Princesita
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/8700/shahrukhouse0cd.jpg

pagli of preity
03-06-2006, 01:43 AM
thats srk house hmmm

Feelicia
03-06-2006, 08:00 PM
wow http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/k020.gifit really seems like they need MUCH MORE space :D

Chicken
03-07-2006, 01:35 AM
wow http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/k020.gifit really seems like they need MUCH MORE space :D

Well, Didi, our Jaanu also needs more space for all his "Nattus", lol. ;)
So, you better get your stuff packed, so that you're ready to move in as soon as their finished building. :p
Finally enough room for all of us !!!

Chicken
03-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Who Has Been Embarrased ? Shah Rukh Khan Or News Channels ?
by Abid

All the concerted efforts of certain news channels to embarass Shah Rukh Khan over his labour of love 'Mannat' , were dismissed with disdain by the judges of Bombay high court ! The honourable judges , while rejecting a PIL , made the pertinent observation that since the Heritage Society of India had no objection to the changes suggested by King Khan in the bungalow in which he lives , they found no grounds to entertain the plea made by supposedly vigilant citizens .

srk_girl
03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
WOW! Great news:) The house now is more spacious!;) thanks dear for sharing.

Govinda
03-08-2006, 01:21 AM
:eek: OMG this is terrible...hopefully this SRK-Tower will get an fitting -to-the-old-building facade...it looks like a spaceship has landed in Mannat backyard......ok,ok: I know it is his property and he's got the permission, but I find this compilation very strange.

Hazel
03-09-2006, 08:30 AM
"Mannat" is unarguably the best and most impressive bungalow in Mumbai city. Unofficially valued at nothing less than 10 million dollars.

EmeraldEyes
03-09-2006, 10:51 AM
:eek: OMG this is terrible...hopefully this SRK-Tower will get an fitting -to-the-old-building facade...it looks like a spaceship has landed in Mannat backyard......ok,ok: I know it is his property and he's got the permission, but I find this compilation very strange.

ok, where can I see this for myself?

ASHEQ
03-10-2006, 05:42 AM

I was just thinking I hope the final building will be beautiful otherwise it can look awkward next to such a beautiful Mannat. I'm sure Shahrukh and Gauri jaan have already thought of all the angles. I'm glad they will be able to move ahead with their construction. I wonder who's moving in next door? Lucky guys! They get to peek into Mannat every day!;)

Hazel
03-10-2006, 05:55 AM
I was just thinking I hope the final building will be beautiful otherwise it can look awkward next to such a beautiful Mannat. I'm sure Shahrukh and Gauri jaan have already thought of all the angles. I'm glad they will be able to move ahead with their construction. I wonder who's moving in next door? Lucky guys! They get to peek into Mannat every day!;)

(Posted back here - I think you missed it Vida)

Shah Rukh Khan is busy preparing a list of his closest friends, whom he will invite to be his new neighbours. The actor is having a six-floor building constructed behind his Mannat bungalow at Bandra bandstand. The building will be connected to Mannat and is expected to be ready in six months. Khan has already sent an invite to best bud Karan Johar.

“Shah Rukh told me that we could do our rehearsals and production work there,” she said. The building will also house the actor’s living room, a formal guest room, a gym and an office.

The reason? Mannat, at 26,400 sq ft, is proving a trifle small for the king of Bollywood.

Other members of Khan’s inner circle are yet to receive invites. Director Aziz Mirza said, “I have not yet been informed about it.” Kajol and Juhi Chawla too are still awaiting invites.

Another good friend, Manish Malhotra, however, is less than optimistic about his chances: “I don’t think he will offer me any rooms there.”
Khan himself was not willing to comment. A source told Mid Day, “Shah Rukh doesn’t want to speak about it as he is very superstitious.”

ASHEQ
03-10-2006, 06:06 AM

(Posted back here - I think you missed it Vida)

Thankyou Hazel jaan. I had seen this tentative list. There just seems to be so much space there. Maybe Shehnazji will have her own condo too. Who knows?! SRK is so thoughful. I'm sure he'll put it to good use! I'd be willing to go, in case they run out of ideas!;)

Hazel
03-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Thankyou Hazel jaan. I had seen this tentative list. There just seems to be so much space there. Maybe Shehnazji will have her own condo too. Who knows?! SRK is so thoughful. I'm sure he'll put it to good use! I'd be willing to go, in case they run out of ideas!;)

Good Idea Vida, let's make a list of all of us who wanna live there ;) howzzat? :D

I'm sure we'll get puhlenty of candidates :)

EmeraldEyes
03-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Uhmmmm...are there photos I can see somewhere?

Mehreen
03-10-2006, 08:31 AM
there are some pics on page 8 and 9

Hazel
03-10-2006, 09:58 AM
This painting looks little bit like Mannat ;)

http://expochampfleuri.canalblog.com/images/t-Vergoz_Thirel_Sabine_1.jpg (http://expochampfleuri.canalblog.com/images/Vergoz_Thirel_Sabine_1.jpg)

EmeraldEyes
03-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Thank you for the info about pgs 8 and 9. I knew what the house looked like before, as I have pics. I just had not seen the current state.

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:12 PM
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3777/mummannatplan3lo.jpg

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7020/mummannatguard6jt.jpg

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:15 PM
http://im.rediff.com/news/2004/nov/17mannat.jpg

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050924/images/24house.jpg

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:19 PM

this article was already posted at page 1 ;)

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:35 PM

this article was already posted at page 1 ;)

Ok thanks ;)

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:36 PM
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3862/loungemannat2ax.jpg

Princesita
03-15-2006, 01:44 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/Dinsil/castle8.jpg

Hazel
04-06-2006, 08:11 AM
LOCATION OF SRK's home !

Some folks were asking.. so Here's a detailed map of Bandra :wink:

SRK lives in the Area called Bandra BandStand - westside - on the Seaside :biggrin:

West Map http://www.mumbaipropertyexchange.com/images/maps/bandra.jpg

"Bandra is for fun and frolic today, one of the most expensive location in the Suburbs and fondly also called the "Queen of the Suburbs". Retaurants, night clubs, bars etc. are dotted at every street. One of the most expensive restaurants with the best of Page 3 crowd is here.Bandra has a unique advantage of being in close proximity to South Mumbai and suburbs and the residential areas are very posh like Pali Hill, Carter Road and Bandstand are the famous of the lot. "

indira02
04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
thanx hazel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inčs
04-06-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah thx for sharing

srk_girl
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
thanks Hazel for sharing:)

Evy
04-06-2006, 07:58 PM
thanks for sharing Hazel. :) Have you ever been there ?

Hazel
04-07-2006, 04:27 AM
thanks for sharing Hazel. Have you ever been there ?

To Bandra ?... oh yep many times .... its a nice shopping area and the seaside is also very beautiful and peaceful - but now many 5-* hotels there.

http://www.realestatemumbai.com/images/gallery/Bandra_bandstand.JPG

Lands End Hotel at Bandra:
http://www.precisionreservations.com/hoteldatabase/images/HotelPhotos/Hotel43883.jpg
====================

SRK's house has a very high wall around so can't actually see it from outside :( - Only lucky people like Shahidji have visited inside :)

Hazel
04-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Bollywood clichृs - indiatimeshttp://movies.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?photoid=1475077BANDRA

An otherwise unremarkable suburb of Bombay and the invisible line which marks the beginning of Bollywood. Half the industry’s celeb circle are all denizens of this plush suburb. If you ain’t seen Bandra, you ain’t seen Mumbai. Naturally, most of the city’s nightspots are also spread across the periphery of this lively neighbourhood.

Evy
04-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Hazel,

did you ever met Shah Rukh Khan there during your shopping tour or did you ever have a glimpse of him or his family or other stars ?

Hazel
04-10-2006, 04:13 AM
No Evy - like I've mentioned in my "Welcome" message - I've never been lucky to meet ANY star inspite of living in Bombay all my life ! :(

indira02
04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I´m watching shahrukhs house..... not in real but google earth....... nice nice .. a bit difficult to find I need 2 days but I have it.......
maybe from taj lands end you can see into shahrukhs garden it´s not far away.......

Pakhtaana
04-10-2006, 06:02 PM
No Evy - like I've mentioned in my "Welcome" message - I've never been lucky to meet ANY star inspite of living in Bombay all my life ! :(Hazel, wow I am surprised despite of living there you still have not seen any stars. I thought if you live in Bombay, you will have a chance of meeting them at point or another. I guess, they come of their homes after dark when there is no one around..

Princesita
04-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Me in front of Shahrukh Khan house...I spoke to his Bodyguard and he told me that Shahrukh will not be home for two months

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/998/bild2397ej.jpg

Princesita
04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7884/bild0244gu.jpg

Princesita
04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2062/bild030small6on.jpg

Princesita
04-22-2006, 02:50 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6335/bild026small3eg.jpg

Meike
04-22-2006, 03:11 PM
WOW...Princesita!!!!
Thanks a MILLION!!!!http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/meike79/Smilys/zangezogen_222.gif
Hope you have a great time and lots of fun!!:D

Princesita
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2808/bild027small5kf.jpg

Princesita
04-22-2006, 04:50 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/865/bild025small3pi.jpg

michaelaantigone
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
What are these things in front of his windows?

It look like he lives in a cage, you can't even look outside. Honestly I think I don't want to live in this house, I mean the house itself is lovely but the high walls and so on are terrible. And when I see pictures from inside I think it looks very cold and I have the impression that noone lives really in this house. My impression is that you cannot breathe when you are inside this area.
Maybe the only place I want to see is his libary, because I want to know how huge it is.
But live there, no thanks!

Princesita
04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
What are these things in front of his windows?

It look like he lives in a cage, you can't even look outside. Honestly I think I don't want to live in this house, I mean the house itself is lovely but the high walls and so on are terrible. And when I see pictures from inside I think it looks very cold and I have the impression that noone lives really in this house. My impression is that you cannot breathe when you are inside this area.
Maybe the only place I want to see is his libary, because I want to know how huge it is.
But live there, no thanks!

Shahrukh house is not ready and his house is very beautiful ...and you can breath to if you have idea how looks inside his garden;)

michaelaantigone
04-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Maybe, but I have even seen pictures from his garden and I have the same impression. I can't help myself. Normally I love such old houses and the pure house is lovely as I said before, but the hole things around I don't like.
Untill now I haven't seen a picture which changes my mind, and I don't think that I would change it when I stay in front of this house.
After all, when I go to Mumbai I don't think that I will visit Mannat, there are more interessting places.
For me it's terrible to live behind such hight walls. Sometimes I can't even breathe when the windows are closed.

Chicken
04-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Once again thanks so much, dear, for sharing these gorgeous pics. :)
Wow, this is sooooo cool, you were actually standing in front of "Mannat", absolutely amazing.
Personally, I think to visit "Mannat" is "must-do" for every SRK-Fan being in Mumbai.;)

michaelaantigone
04-23-2006, 05:00 PM
What is so amazing to stand in front of his house? Sorry but I can't understand it. It has nothing to with the house but I think when I go to Mumbai/India there are more important places than this house.
After all, I want to meet him but I would never go to India only because he his there. I'm interessted in India for a decade now and not only because of him and so I see no sense to travel to India and visit a house which looks like a cage.

Meike
04-23-2006, 06:43 PM
@michaelaantigone
Don`t you know that he must safe his family for the fans and the other ppl wich want to bother him?? I mean such walls around his house are because it`s safes his FAMILY!!!! Sure it isn´t cool....but what can he do??
So many fans comes and want to see his house and it`s his right to have a privat life or??

And of course he should like and love and live in it not YOU!!!!;)
There are so many rooms in it....do you think they show us the rooms where he lifes every day?? I think not!!!! And so lets enjoy the pics from Princesita and don`t quarrel !!:rolleyes:
Thanks...!!!

michaelaantigone
04-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I know that he has to safe his family and this ok, but what I mean is that I feel sorry for them that it is necessary to live behind such walls. I think it is enough to see him in movies and in show.

I don't want to quarrel I want to discuss. I think it's boring only to see the pictures and say "how nice" and "thank you" .

Princesita
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/241/dsc000432mm.jpg

Wright Meike;)

Princesita
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4519/dsc000444ux.jpg

Meike
04-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I know that he has to safe his family and this ok, but what I mean is that I feel sorry for them that it is necessary to live behind such walls. I think it is enough to see him in movies and in show.

I don't want to quarrel I want to discuss. I think it's boring only to see the pictures and say "how nice" and "thank you" .

I can understand you and it`s OK!!!!
But don`t forget....fans are fans and they want to see everything about him!!! Where he lifes, how he lifes, and some ppl have no excuse and respect about him!! So it is necessary for him to do that!! Yeahh....I feel sorry too, but we can`t change it!!:o

Inčs
04-23-2006, 08:47 PM
coool thx for sharing

Ayush
04-24-2006, 04:27 AM
whatz that big building being constructed behind his house?

Meike
04-24-2006, 06:30 AM
whatz that big building being constructed behind his house?
ShahRukh want to have a bigger house and so the building behind his house it belongs to him!!:D ;)

ASHEQ
04-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Ralu Dear, I love these fotos. They are so close-up, it feels like I was there! Thanks for sharing them. You are so beautiful too, in your sari!
Did you stay at Lands End hotel? Is that the one from which you can see Mannat?
How exciting!!! You got to see Amitji and Mannat too. What a fabulous trip! I am so happy for you!!! Did your husband enjoy it too?Did you see Hazel?!!!:D
Cant' wait to see some of your movies too.

michaelaantigone
04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
I can understand you and it`s OK!!!!
But don`t forget....fans are fans and they want to see everything about him!!! Where he lifes, how he lifes, and some ppl have no excuse and respect about him!! So it is necessary for him to do that!! Yeahh....I feel sorry too, but we can`t change it!!:o

It's right there are people with no respect. But I think we can change something because we are fans. Why do we need pictures from his livingroom for example? I think it's enough to see him on stage or in a ad. Why must we go to his house and take pictures? It's we who take him his privatelife and because of this we can change it.

Princesita
04-24-2006, 08:38 AM
ASHEQ..yes I stay to Taj Lands End on 17th floor from there you can see Shahrukh house but very little ...but the house of him is 2 minutes from the Taj Lands End.Yes my husbunt love it too ...he talks more then me with Amitabh because they are close in many things :)..btw..thanks for the compliment ;)

may
04-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm longing to go to Mumbai and if I have chance I will definetely go to Mannat at least take a picture there. It is always my dream.

cmreeves
05-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Satellite photo taken before the new addition went up.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7605/maybe7ga.jpg

Hazel
05-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Shah Rukh does not own Mannat
By: Prasad Sathyen and Nishant A Bhuse

May 8, 2006 http://web.mid-day.com/ArticleImages/images71/rukh85200684734.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan bought the bungalow from the trustee Nariman K Dubash for Rs 13.32 crShah Rukh Khan’s 26,400 sq ft home on Bandra Bandstand is not his. BMC records state that Mannat still remains in the name of the trust from which the actor bought the bungalow in 2001.

Khan purchased the bungalow from the trustee Nariman K Dubash for Rs 13.32 crore. But municipal records say that the property is in the name of Bai Khorshed Bhanu Sanjana Trust.

Since Dubash is the assessee of the trust, the valuation of the property and property tax bill is in his name.

Khan, however, refused to comment on the issue, but a source close to the actor told MiD DAY, “It was not Shah Rukh’s job to check the documents. He is a busy man.”

“He therefore appointed a legal adviser to manage the property deal,” the source added.

http://web.mid-day.com/ArticleImages/images71/house85200684812.jpgMannat bungalow

Rohini Navathe, legal officer, BMC says, “It is important that Khan transfers the bungalow in his name. If he wants to carry out structural repairs or alterations on the property, then BMC may ask for a letter from the owner. This may lead to trouble as the property is not in Khan’s name.”

Sources from H ward (W) told MiD DAY, “It is the duty of the purchaser (Shah Rukh) to approach our ward office with a registered agreement and other relevant documents supporting his ownership on the bungalow to initiate transfer in his favour. This procedure, which is free, is pending in Shah Rukh’s case.”

The transfer procedure takes around 45 days. Sources say that it may have skipped his mind or he might not have had the time to do it. SS Mane, superintendent of assessment, BMC, said, “We are not going to insist that Shah Rukh Khan transfer the property in his name as we are only concerned with recovering property tax.”

Mane adds, “As of now, there is no outstanding tax on the bungalow.”
-MIDDAY

purzel
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Mannat is not Shah Rukh’s house!
by Debasis Jana, indiatarget

http://www.indiatarget.com/thumbnails/iua47.jpg

The 26, 400 sq ft bungalow 'Mannat' on Bandra Bandstand, where Bollywood king Shah Rukh Khan resides is however not his own. According to BMC (Bombay Municipal Corporation) records the bungalow still remains in the name of the trust from which the Bollywood superstar bought the bungalow in 2001.
On contacted, Shah Rukh refused to comment on this issue. However as per close source, Shah Rukh has already appointed a legal adviser to look into the property deal.

SRK-king
05-09-2006, 06:42 PM
thanx for sharing everyone

SRK-king
05-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Wow princesita your foto's are breathtaking
thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Besides that sari looks good on you :)

purzel
05-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Mannat does not belong to Shah Rukh Khan

10th May 2006 10.01 IST
By Agencies

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/img/20060510-0.gif

According to BMC records Shah Rukh Khan does not own his 26,400 sq ft home Mannat on Bandra Bandstand.

Mannat, as SRK calls it, still remains in the name of the trust from which the Bollywood superstar bought the bungalow in 2001.

King Khan bought the bungalow from the trustee Nariman K Dubash for Rs 13.32 crore.

But municipal reports state otherwise. It says that that the property is still in the name of Bai Khorshed Bhanu Sanjana Trust.

Since Dubash is the assessee of the trust, the valuation of the property and property tax bill is in his name.

SRK however refused to comment on this issue. But a source close to the actor told Midday, “It was not Shah Rukh’s job to check the documents. He is a busy man. He therefore appointed a legal adviser to manage the property deal.”

The BMC has advised SRK to transfer the property in his name as he could land up him in trouble in future if he wants to carry out structural repairs or alterations on the property. The transfer procedure takes around 45 days.

SS Mane, superintendent of assessment, BMC, said, “We are not going to insist that Shah Rukh Khan transfer the property in his name as we are only concerned with recovering property tax.”

However he adds, “As of now, there is no outstanding tax on the bungalow.”

Mehreen
05-10-2006, 06:37 AM
thanks for sharing

mimiji
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I found these pix on the web. Thought you'd enjoy them too. Just don't try to jump the fence!!!;)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/vidavm/d178re2.jpg

mimiji
05-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Here's the other one:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/vidavm/6a64re2.jpg

Hazel
05-11-2006, 04:30 AM
thanx Mimi :)...

EmeraldEyes
05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks! Always enjoy anything to do with Shah Rukh!:D

Anke
05-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks so much for sharig the pics with us :)

rEd*cHilli3z
05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
thanks for sharing the articles and pictures!! the house is sooo beautiful and huge. i love the furniture and look. srk indeed deserves the house.

Princesita
05-20-2006, 09:50 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/SerpiIndia/3536cdc1.jpg

Justina
05-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for this graet pics!!

Bozena
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the sharing everyone!!!!:)

LG
Bozena

Hazel
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.daijiworld.com/images1/sonia_0508_shah2.jpg

Meike
06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/SerpiIndia/3536cdc1.jpg
Ralu...thanks a lot for your pics!!!! Amazing!!!! It looks just...WOW!!!:) :)
Really very big and great!! ShahRukh has a amazing home!!;)

Princesita
06-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Ralu...thanks a lot for your pics!!!! Amazing!!!! It looks just...WOW!!!:) :)
Really very big and great!! ShahRukh has a amazing home!!;)

You should see inside how is it..life :rolleyes:

Meike
06-05-2006, 03:00 PM
You should see inside how is it..life
:D :D I would, if I could!!!!:D :D

karladil67
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey, thanks for the new Mannat-Pics.. I wish I could watch it live... Maybe one day i fly for few days to Mumbay, drive with a taxi there and can make own pics.... ahhhhh;)

Meike
06-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Hey, thanks for the new Mannat-Pics.. I wish I could watch it live... Maybe one day i fly for few days to Mumbay, drive with a taxi there and can make own pics.... ahhhhh;)
LOL....yeah....I wish that, too!!!!
Uhhhhh....!!!!:D :D

Melanie80
06-06-2006, 07:17 PM
thank you for the article.

rEd*cHilli3z
06-24-2006, 12:20 AM
http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/2.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/2.jpg)

rEd*cHilli3z
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/7.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/7.jpg)http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/11.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/11.jpg)

rEd*cHilli3z
06-24-2006, 12:23 AM
http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/12.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/12.jpg)
http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/13.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/13.jpg)

rEd*cHilli3z
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/19.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/19.jpg)http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/slides/srkdining1co.jpg (http://srk.kilu.de/Shahrukh%20Khan/Mannat/srkdining1co.jpg)

rEd*cHilli3z
07-04-2006, 02:16 AM
i got this from srkfanatic.net
http://www.asianoutlook.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=1378

purzel
07-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Controversy over SRK's house reaches SChttp://images.photogallery.indiatimes.com/images/spacer.gif
Dhananjay Mahapatra
[ Friday, July 07, 2006 01:27:02 amhttp://images.photogallery.indiatimes.com/images/spacer.gifTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court will on Friday hear a petition questioning the Maharashtra government's decision to permit construction of a multi-storeyed housing complex near a heritage building at Bandra in Mumbai.

And closely following the proceedings in the apex court will be none other than the hearthrob of millions — Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan.

For, the alleged heritage building in the Band Stand area is the residence of the famed actor, who is constructing the housing complex. The building was earlier known as 'Villa Vienna' and was rechristened by the actor as 'Mannat'.

Petitioner Cyril Thomas Mecwan had approached the Bombay High Court with a PIL alleging that Shah Rukh Khan using his "influence and wealth" had got the plan approved from the government authorities for construction of the multi-storeyed complex adjacent to the heritage building.

The HC had thrown out the petition, saying all necessary approvals from the concerned authorities were sought and granted for the construction of the multi-storeyed building, which in no way interferes with the line of vision of the heritage building.

Despite the relief from HC, Khan had not taken any chances in the matter and promptly filed a caveat in the Supreme Court through advocate Bibha Datt Makhija to prevent Mecwan from getting any ex-parte order.

Mecwan, claiming to be a social worker and the Mumbai president of the Bharatiya Pheriwala Ekta Sangh, in his special leave petition alleged that Khan has used his influence to get permission for the multi-storeyed housing complex that would tear apart the heritage sanctity attached to 'Mannat'.

(http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/maileditor/1712031.cms)

Hazel
07-07-2006, 09:11 AM
SC dismisses plea against construction near SRK's home
PTI
Friday, July 07, 2006 13:37 IST

-DNA

NEW DELHI:

The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a petition challenging Maharashtra Government's decision to permit construction of a multi-storey housing complex near a heritage building at suburban Bandra, which is the residence of film actor Shah Rukh Khan.
The order came from a bench of Chief Justice Y K Sabharwal and Justice C K Thakker who did not find any fault with the Bombay High Court order.

The High Court had earlier dismissed the petition filed by Cyril Thomas Mecwan, who had alleged that Khan got the plan approved from the government by using his influence.

http://www.shah-rukh-khan.info/family/shahrukh_khan_house_outside.jpg

DevilEyez
07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
July 07, 2006 13:03 IST
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a petition challenging the Maharashtra government's decision to permit the construction of a multi-storied building near a heritage building at suburban Bandra, which is the residence of film actor Shah Rukh Khan.
The order came from a bench of Chief Justice Y K Sabharwal and Justice C K Thakker who did not find any fault with the Bombay high court, which threw the plea out.
The high court had dismissed the petition filed by Cyril Thomas Mecwan, who had alleged that Khan got the plan approved from the government by using his 'influence'.

source:ptinews

DevilEyez
07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Press Trust of India (http://www.expressindia.com/about/feedback.html?url=http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=70630&title=SC%20says%20OK%20to%20construction%20near%20 SRK’s%20house)
Posted online: Friday, July 07, 2006 at 1219 hours IST
Updated: Friday, July 07, 2006 at 1235 hours IST

New Delhi, July 7: The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a petition challenging Maharashtra government's decision to permit construction of a multi-storey housing complex near a heritage building at suburban (http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=70630#) Bandra, which is the residence of film actor Shah Rukh Khan.
The order came from a bench of Chief Justice Y K Sabharwal and Justice C K Thakker who did not find any fault with the Bombay High Court order. The High Court had earlier dismissed the petition filed by Cyril Thomas Mecwan, who had alleged that Khan got the plan approved from the government by using his influence.

source: ptinews

firehorse
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh, I'm so glad for Shahrukhji, :D.
But in that case I really understand only a little. It seems that in India it's more difficult to build a house than in Germany, :). And here in Germany it's already very difficult because of the different laws which someone has to observe.

firehorse
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know whether his new house is ready?
And if yes: Does someone have a pic of it?

purzel
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Shah Rukh Khan can finally construct houses for his friends

07th July 2006
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

Shah Rukh Khan was having constructed near his residence a multi-storied building at suburban Bandra, which he said will be houses which he will gift to his near and dear friends.

But recently, a certain Cyril Thomas Mecwan, had alleged that SRK got the plan approved from the Maharashtra government by using his 'influence'.

The Bombay High Court dismissed the petition and the case went to Supreme Court.

And the Supreme Court today dismissed the petition.

The order came from a bench of Chief Justice Y K Sabharwal and Justice C K Thakker who did not find any fault with the Bombay High Court, which threw the plea out.

So, SRK can finally construct houses for his friends.

sharu
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
i don't think he is gifting to any body. thats what i read in some article. why would he gift it. thats his hard eran money.

srk_girl
07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
WOW! He even construct houses for his close friends:) What a great human being!;)

Hazel
07-08-2006, 03:04 AM
SC dismisses plea challenging construction near Shahrukh’s home http://www.zeenews.com/images/shahrukh_court_news.jpg New Delhi, July 07: The Supreme Court today dismissed a petition challenging Maharashtra government`s decision to permit construction of a multi-storey housing complex near a heritage building at suburban Bandra, which is the residence of film actor Shah Rukh Khan.

The order came from a bench of Chief Justice Y K Sabharwal and Justice C K Thakker who did not find any fault with the Bombay High Court order.

The high court had earlier dismissed the petition filed by Cyril Thomas Mecwan, who had alleged that Khan got the plan approved from the government by using his influence.

Bureau Report --- ZEE NEWS

---------------------------------------------

SRK’s complex now turns simple
Rakesh Bhatnagar - DNA
Saturday, July 08, 2006 00:32 IST

The last legal hurdle in actor Shah Rukh Khan’s way to constructing a multi-storeyed complex at Bandra Bandstand in Mumbai has been cleared, with the Supreme Court on Friday clearing the mega project. It also refused to interfere with a Bombay High Court order which had said that since the actor had got all requisite governmental sanctions, there was nothing wrong inconstruction. But petitioner Cyril Thomas Meewan had accused Khan of using money and influence to get approval for the project planned adjacent a heritage building.

Chief Justice YK Sabharwal and Justice CK Thakker didn’t agree with him. Khan had filed an application saying if Meewan challenged the HC order, the SC should hear him before passing a direction.

Shah Rukh Khan said, “Really nothing to say... most of these claims are not based on any facts and everything concerning my house is done in the most lawful and correct manner. At times it is very sad and frustrating that one has to read about it in most dailies as if I have done something beyond the law. But on days like this one finds great relief and trust in the law of our land , which does not get swayed by opinions formed through media or individuals. Now that the highest authority in the country has given the green signal to ‘home’, I hope the matter is settled once and for all... I am very thankful to all concerned for this ruling. Hopefully my 16 years of work is more looked into than where I live.”

Tigerlilly
07-08-2006, 05:30 AM
At last hopefully a bit of peace.
:) :) :) :)

cute_srk
07-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Finally Shahrukh get some peace with his house...all those trouble makers, thanks:)

firehorse
07-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Shah Rukh Khan said, “Really nothing to say... most of these claims are not based on any facts and everything concerning my house is done in the most lawful and correct manner. At times it is very sad and frustrating that one has to read about it in most dailies as if I have done something beyond the law. But on days like this one finds great relief and trust in the law of our land , which does not get swayed by opinions formed through media or individuals. Now that the highest authority in the country has given the green signal to ‘home’, I hope the matter is settled once and for all... I am very thankful to all concerned for this ruling. Hopefully my 16 years of work is more looked into than where I live.”

I hope really that Shahrukhji will have no more problems with it. Enough is enough.
And I agree with his opinion espescially with his last sentence, ;) .

penari
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Me too ! :D His work is important. That's it. His house is his personal matter ! :) I also hope that he'll find know peace in his house and all that irritation is over ! I send him LOVE and his family ! :p

srk_girl
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
These people is really a trouble makers just cannot leave Shahrukh alone!:mad:mad:

naina1977
07-10-2006, 06:48 PM
You´re so right, srk girl! Why can´t they leave him alone, he just wants a bit of privacy!!!!

Aryana
07-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I hope all everything is OK with his home ect.... I don't know why do they draag him into non sense for no reason. These people need to leave him along.

janelux
07-28-2006, 11:30 PM
wow! That is absolutely amazimg. Wish i was that lucky!

DevilEyez
08-07-2006, 12:01 PM
http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/07sld1.jpg

Star homes
August 7, 2006
Bandra is not called the queen of Mumbai's suburbs for nothing.

It is where some of Bollywood's biggest stars live.
Rediff.com offers a glimpse of some star homes in Bandra:
Shah Rukh Khan's home Mannat, which faces the Bandra seafront, is an obvious tourist spot.
A sprawling bungalow, once owned by wealthy Parsis, Mannat is a heritage building. Buildings in this category are deemed important to the townscape and cannot be demolished.
Shah Rukh lives here with wife Gauri, their two children and SRK's sister. The superstar is currently constructing a multi-story building behind his home (seen behind Mannat in the photograph). Some reports suggest the building will house offices for SRK and close friends Karan Johar and Farah Khan.

[rediff]

Feelicia
08-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks Sadia...from the foto it looks like the new building is almost finished :rolleyes: I think it looks great...must be very light inside with those huge windows and for sure one must have a wonderful view on the sea :)

firehorse
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
@Sadia:
Thank you very much for this pic!
I agree with Feelicia. It looks as if it would be finished soon. And it's no wonder that Mannat is a tourist spot. If I would come anytime to Mumbai it's shure, that I also try to get a pic from it, :D!

rEd*cHilli3z
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
thanks for the great article and pic! the house looks so beautful and big, something shah rukh def deserves!

Feelicia
08-20-2006, 06:43 PM
PIL again questions construction near Shahrukh's bungalow

Mumbai, Aug 20: A PIL filed in the Bombay High Court has again raised the issue of alleged illegality of construction that actor Shahrukh Khan has carried out near his Bandra sea-face bungalow 'Mannat'.

Another PIL had taken objection to the structure, which stands on a plot behind the bungalow, on the ground that the plot was reserved for an art gallery. This petition was disposed of by the High Court in February this year, holding that no violation of municipal rules had taken place.

But another PIL, filed by 'Bhrashtachar Nirmulan Sanghatana', an NGO, contends that the structure blocked a public road that connected Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road.

Petitioner's lawyer Shakuntala Joshi pleaded before the high court last week that though the earlier PIL had been dismissed, her client wanted to raise a different issue.

She asked the court to give her two weeks' time as she wanted to study certain documents provided by the BMC with regard to sanction to the construction in question and file a rejoinder.

The court gave her time, despite BMC's contention that the PIL raked up an issue already decided.

According to the petition, a road existed adjacent to Mannat and was used by the public. When BMC passed the plan for construction on the adjacent plot, this road was "simply not shown" on the map at all, it claimed.

The high court has not admitted the petition yet.
source: zeenews

Feelicia
08-20-2006, 06:45 PM
this seems to be an endless story, why can't they leave ShahRukh and his family alone :mad: I also do not understand why the court should accept a pil about the same issue again :confused: I mean this has to come to an end some time!!

firehorse
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
@Feelicia:
I agree totally with you!
But here in Germany some build cases also can take a lot of time, :(.
I hope for Shahrukhji that his house will not become a neverending story.

Pakhtaana
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I thought this was straightened out a while back. Why can they leave him alone? I don't think they know what they're doing...they keep on going back and forth.

srk_girl
08-21-2006, 02:09 PM
This is too much!!! Why can't leave Shahrukh alone!!!:mad::mad:

clochette
09-04-2006, 05:41 PM
There is someone who wants to have his 15mn of fame!!! (Even less because you take less time to read the article!) And then, there are personified vices as envy, stupidity, fanatism against a religious group (and so on). I only hope that ShahRukh doesn't let this stuff go under his skin!

SaRah K.
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
One of the bathrooms at Mannat ;)

Hazel, is this really a bathromm at Mannat or means your ";)" just kidding?????? (Post #41)

Hazel
09-26-2006, 04:28 AM
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/Mirror/2006/9/26/10/926200611339281926200611337609/images/imgm1Etc-13.jpg

MANNAT - on the right.

The Don's Den
This Roman mansion was in the news recently more because of its security guards than its owner. Well, if you need clues to recognise this Bandra landmark, here goes: Its owner made headlines some time back by saying that mother's milk should be tested for pesticide. And yes, he has recently donned a new role in a remake of an Amitabh Bachchan classic.

Saamiya Siddiqui
10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/6003/karanmannatyx2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jessibhatti
10-24-2006, 07:55 AM
why cant they just leave him alone its getting irrtating now

Jessi

ChazG
11-20-2006, 01:50 PM
@ jessiebhatti. I second that motion... :(:

rsingh100
11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for all the information on Mannat. It seems as if some people are jealous of him and try to bring him down just like they try to bring some of his movies down. Long live the "King" and may he always remain on top.

Feelicia
12-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Shahrukh on bungalow issue

12:56 pm - Fri 8 Dec 2006
The Bombay High Court today sought an affidavit from actor Shahrukh Khan containing his reply on a public interest litigation that alleges violation of municipal laws in the construction of a building adjacent to his bungalow in Bandra.
Last year, the High Court had dismissed another PIL which had objected to this construction on the ground that the plot was originally reserved for an art gallery. It had alleged the reservation was later changed arbitrarily.
The current PIL filed by the NGO Bhrashtachar Nirmulan Sanghtana has alleged that the construction being done by Shahrukh violates the Development Control Rules, in that it does not leave a mandatory 9.15 m wide strip around the structure that is meant for future widening of roads.
The construction blocks a public road, the PIL alleged.
Shahrukh is to file his reply by January 31.
— PTI
source: realbollywood

mrana
12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
oh god not again

firehorse
12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Why does the construction blocks a public road, :confused:?

I thought that story was finished.....

Pakhtaana
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Can't these people leave him alone?? One day they say everything is fine and settled and the next day the pull the same nonesenes. They just like to mess with him.:(

rsingh100
12-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I feel bad for Sharukh. When it's not his Mannat, it's the media being cruel to him. Pakhtaana said "Can't these people leave him alone?" and I totally agree with that.

GermanGirl
04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
New Delhi: A day after there was revelry following the unveiling of his wax statue at Madame Tussauds in London, there’s some bad news for Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan.

The Bombay High Court on Monday directed Shah Rukh to submit documents regarding ownership, sanctions and permissions for construction in the compound of his bungalow Mannat in Bandra, within two weeks.

The direction comes from a division bench of Chief Justice Swatenter Kumar and Justice S C Dharmadhikari following a Public Interest Litigation filed by a Mumbai-based organisation Bhrashtrachaar Nirmulan Sanghatana.

The court had earlier dismissed another PIL that raised the same issue but the NGO claimed it was challenging the construction on different grounds.

Its main contention is that the construction blocks a motorable road along Mannat that links Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road in suburban Bandra, which had been marked on the development plan.

It is alleged that Shah Rukh was given undue favour by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and state government when they lifted the reservation on a plot of land, adjacent to his bungalow.

The plot was subsequently purchased and developed by the actor.

Source: IBNLive

anjali07
04-04-2007, 08:59 PM
can somebody please explain the case in his own words...? i don´t understand what the problem is...it´s about his bungalow behind mannat, right?:o

sarz
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Yhe i dont get it either?

ShahRukhKhanRocks
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I think from what i read, and understand is that when Shahrukh bought his land, and didnt know that it would block certain sections of other public land and that it overlapped onto some other properties, now people are fighting about it cause they think Shahrukh was given permission to build on it.. now he has to show proof that he wasnt given special permission or something. which is crazy, cause we all know SHahrukh wouldnt do anything like that.. hope that helps in some ways.. oxoxoo's samantha

andrea
04-05-2007, 03:54 AM
I think from what i read, and understand is that when Shahrukh bought his land, and didnt know that it would block certain sections of other public land and that it overlapped onto some other properties, now people are fighting about it cause they think Shahrukh was given permission to build on it.. now he has to show proof that he wasnt given special permission or something. which is crazy, cause we all know SHahrukh wouldnt do anything like that.. hope that helps in some ways.. oxoxoo's samantha
thanks samantha for me it was good help:D

Gita
04-05-2007, 04:48 AM
Sorry but I can't hear this anymore. This is not the first time that someone trys this and in my opinion it is only because Shah Rukh is the owner of the land and they think they can make profit out of it:angry2:

Zohra Ahmadi
04-05-2007, 05:19 AM
Sorry but I can't hear this anymore. This is not the first time that someone trys this and in my opinion it is only because Shah Rukh is the owner of the land and they think they can make profit out of it:angry2:
I strongely agree with what you said

purzel
04-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Shah Rukh Khan's bungalow blues

05th Apr 2007 10.01 IST
By Apunkachoice

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan 's lavish bungalow Mannat has been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently.

The Bombay High Court Wednesday asked SRK to submit documents regarding the ownership of the bungalow and those pertaining to structures he had built on a plot adjacent to it.

The court's direction came in response to a PIL filed by the NGO Bhrashtachar Nirmulan Sanghatana.

The court had earlier dismissed another PIL that raised the same issue but the NGO claimed it was challenging the construction on different grounds.

Its main contention is that the construction blocks a motorable road along Mannat that links Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road in suburban Bandra, which had been marked on the development plan.

The NGO also argued that the plot in question was reserved for an art gallery but the reservation was "illegally" vacated by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) in 2003.

A Division Bench of Chief Justice Swatanter Kumar and Justice S C Dharmadhikari directed Khan's lawyer to submit the documents pertaining to his title to the plot, sanction for the construction and de-reservation of the plot in two weeks.

According to the NGO's counsel Shakuntala Joshi, a road existed adjacent to Mannat that was used by the public.

However, when MCGM approved the plan for construction on the adjacent plot, this 9.15-metre road was not shown on the map at all.

Lotta
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
I do not understand this at all. :speculate: I mean, I was there and saw the whole thing, and the roads around it too.
SRKs buildings do not obstruct anything at all, they do not block any road, and the plot does not look any different from those around it. The only difference being, maybe, that on the neighboring patches, the blocks are even higher, or some historic buildings much more damaged by modern additions.
:( I have the bad feeling that this is a case of trying to create publicity at the cost of a famous person.

NainaSha
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
agreed with you Gita. why don't they leave him alone..what grudge do they have with him..
feeling like shoot them down one by one

Hazel
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/img/20070405-0.gifShah Rukh Khan's bungalow blues
05th Apr 2007 10.01 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan 's lavish bungalow Mannat has been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently.

The Bombay High Court Wednesday asked SRK to submit documents regarding the ownership of the bungalow and those pertaining to structures he had built on a plot adjacent to it.

The court's direction came in response to a PIL filed by the NGO Bhrashtachar Nirmulan Sanghatana.

The NGO also argued that the plot in question was reserved for an art gallery but the reservation was "illegally" vacated by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) in 2003.

A Division Bench of Chief Justice Swatanter Kumar and Justice S C Dharmadhikari directed Khan's lawyer to submit the documents pertaining to his title to the plot, sanction for the construction and de-reservation of the plot in two weeks.

According to the NGO's counsel Shakuntala Joshi, a road existed adjacent to Mannat that was used by the public.

However, when MCGM approved the plan for construction on the adjacent plot, this 9.15-metre road was not shown on the map at all.

Kamala
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Isn't it funny...In Germany people always complain about the bureaucracy...But as one can see, it's the same in India too...

I think the people of the Bombay municipality should be glad that Shah Rukh is still living there. He could have moved somewhere else long ago. And other cities/countries would roll out the red carpet for him...

Why don't they just leave him alone and concentrate on something thats really important?

Pakhtaana
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
These people need to give it a rest. I am tired of this non-sense. It seems that the court does not know what they are doing. :(

purzel
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I wished that they just leave Shahrukh alone :angry2:

agree with you both Claudia and Pakhtaana. seems that they have nothing else to do - but I'm sure there must be many cases in their files which are really important ... or do they love to process cases just for their own publicity :speculate:
@Claudi the correct word should be "bureau-crazy" :D

Kamala
04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Shah Rukh lands in a legal hassle
By IndiaFM News Bureau

Shah Rukh Khan is facing legal trouble as he has been asked by the Bombay High Court to submit documents regarding ownership, sanctions and permissions for construction in the compound of his bungalow Mannat in Bandra. Khan has to submit it within two weeks.

It is believed that the court had earlier dismissed another PIL that raised the same issue but a NGO claimed that it was challenging the construction on different grounds. The issue is that the construction blocks a road along Mannat that links Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road in suburban Bandra.

The plot was subsequently purchased and developed by Khan. It is alleged that Shah Rukh was given unnecessary favour by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and state government when they lifted the reservation on a plot of land, adjacent to his bungalow.

Shah Rukh has completed one season of the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati. He is currently shooting for Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om.

sarz
04-05-2007, 12:06 PM
yeh kerstin i agree!!
i cant believe this is still going on to be honest!

Alexxia
04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes and I also do think that TPTB (the power to be) are kind of not satisfied because I am pretty sure that Shah Rukh doesn't give the government or whom ever any kind of bribe for whatever so they try to get "their" money elsewhere from him. I might be so very wrong but it appears to me like that. :angry2:

Nici78
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
That's so mean so unfair. I have the feeling that the mediens can't see SRK his happiness. Always if see they him happy than try they with bad news to make him again bad. I hate the mediens. Why they can't leave SRK? It's annoying and sad always again to read the same thema. Now they try it always again with his Mannat. Sorry Shahrukh if I write that now, I know still the last year was always the thema SRK and Smoking. But that can they not write more because SRK did keep his promise. Now they need a new thema and that is SRK and his Mannat. What is the next thema? I want like to see once mediens they can write the truth and not always rubbish.

srk_girl
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
This mad people why can't just leave him alone!!!!:mad::mad:

pilouka
04-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm completely agree with you,it's very sad!!

firehorse
04-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh no....not again! I also don't know what that again shall be. I thought that case was closed?! :mad:

Lotta
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
:o We shouldn't discuss this twice, there is already one going on about this article in the General SRK Forum, Merge or delete?

rEd*cHilli3z
04-05-2007, 08:30 PM
NOT AGAIN!! ugh!! obviously, really, nothing is wrong with his house everysingle time they come up with this, so why they even try again?

sharu
04-05-2007, 10:31 PM
please leave him alone, he is the owner of the house. he can able to do what ever he wishes.

Gori Larki
04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
It's probably because some petty bureaucrat feels powerful because he or she can try to cause trouble for a famous person. That's probably why they're singling Shah Rukh out for this.

rsingh100
04-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Kerstin
As I was reading the article, I was thinking exactly the same thing "only because Sharukh is the owner, they are doing this" These people need to get a life and leave him alone.

Riana
04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Unbelievable! Why are they still creating trouble for Shahrukh again? It's legally his house, why can't they just let him be:(

Starbreeze
04-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Another wish, almost fulfilledhttp://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/images/ratings/3.gif
Here's some more news on Shah Rukh Khan's new house, behind Mannat

Our khabroo has been out and about at Bandstand, more specifically around Shah Rukh Khan's bungalow, Mannat. Which brings us to the closely guarded six-storeyed building constructed just behind it by SRK. We're told that although it looks more or less complete from outside, it will still take another year to get its interiors done to the satisfaction of Gauri Khan.

One of the floors will serve as Shah Rukh's office. Meanwhile, the floors where the five Khans will reside - Shah Rukh, Gauri, their two children and SRK's sister - will be the stuff luxurious dreams are made of. As far as inside reports go, the bathrooms are being made especially indulgently. They're the size of large bedrooms, designed to suit the by now well-known bathroom habits of Shah Rukh, who loves to spend a fair amount of time in the day reading in there. To each his own, as they say.

http://cms.mumbaimirror.com/portalfiles/1/30/200704/Image/150407/e402.jpg
Once the Khans move in, our khabroo says, Mannat will be more or less shut down, though well-maintained. It will be opened up for the bigger, A-lister parties. Right now, even though Mannat covers many thousand square feet, it doesn't make for actual, practical living space. Much of the ground floor is a hall the size, in a manner of speaking, of a football ground. (Not too many journalists can see the details here since the 'guest' bathroom is cleverly constructed, just outside this hall. So if you think you're being clever by asking to go and then checking out the hall, SRK is a step ahead.) Evidently a more 'practical' living space is in order for the Khans. http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/images/spacer.gif

http://cms.mumbaimirror.com/portalfiles/1/30/200704/Image/150407/e401.jpg

source: mumbaimirror.com

rEd*cHilli3z
04-14-2007, 10:03 PM
i wish them the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

jihane
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
happy to hear that SRK dreams are coming true.a royal palace for the king.

srk_girl
04-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I am so happy for him:) His dreams is fulfilled. Home sweet for him!

sarz
04-15-2007, 11:46 AM
omg so u know the building behind mannat like the floors..that srks extension yeh?

reyaan
04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
home sweet home

wich them all happy n safe living

MANAT = JANAT

rEd*cHilli3z
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
best wishes to him and his family!!

rsingh100
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
With another wish of Sharukh's almost fulfilled, I wish him and his family all the best.

Gori Larki
04-16-2007, 02:02 AM
That sounds wonderful -- good for Shah Rukh! I wish him and his family all the best in their new home.

Saan
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Sounds cool, and the architecture looks also beautiful!